Thursday 17 October 2013

Our Wedding: Hair and Makeup at Bloodline Parlour

I'm not sure how most brides go about finding their salon. Mine just kind of fell into place. I was getting my hair cut with Becca at Catalina Salon at the beginning of February and asked Becca if she would do it. I guess I just assumed your regular hair stylist would. But she immediately responded with, "You need to go talk to Jess at Bloodline Parlour." Becca said that not only did she not have the manpower, but that doing updos wasn't her specialty. Plus she added that Jess at Bloodline was the best in town for doing very quick updos and for specializing in fine, thin hair. Which I have been cursed with. I went straight to Bloodline from that appointment and booked the day. Luckily they still had our date open.


Coincidentally (which happens often in Peterborough), I had actually met Jess before at a Halloween party at a mutual friend's house. I had really liked her then and it wasn't any different now that we were both sober. Jess has a really dry sense of humour and a very open, very honest personality. She will neither stand for nor give you any bullshit. I wound up doing two hair trials with Jess because she didn't like the way the first one had turned out. I had just had my hair cut and washed beforehand and it turned out a little flat. I also did a makeup trial with Alex there and absolutely loved chatting with her about makeup and product. It was an easy decision to have my wedding morning start there.


LOTS more photos after the jump.
When Bloodline does a wedding, they shut down the parlour for the day. So we had the place entirely to ourselves. It's a bit of a hole in the wall, but with beautiful exposed brick and gorgeous morning lighting. It was nice being able to bring my mom and Tim's mom to hang out with us. We didn't wind up doing breakfast, just muffins and juice-flavoured waters. But they allow you to bring in whatever food and beverages you want (including alcohol, if that's your choice). 































The gifts for my bridesmaids - glitter Tom's (which I've seen them all wear since), and picture frames. I still have to print out the photos to fill those!


No comments:

Post a Comment