Friday 2 August 2013

My people are a tropical people!!

Last night, the Peterborough DBIA threw the 4th annual Caribbean Festival on Hunter Street between George and Water. There were so many people out browsing the vendors, eating great Caribbean food, listening to the steel drums, dancing to the tropical beats, and enjoying the August 1st sunshine.



Great turnout!

Tim and I had samosas from Island Cream, who were really struggling to keep up with demand. They were completely out of roti and were having trouble heating up their samosas. I didn't even care - they were so good, even if they were cold in the middle! They were even better with the chutney-like sauce. I've never been to Island Cream before although I used to live only a couple of blocks away. This makes me want to actually check out the restaurant! We had beef roti from Parkhill on Hunter as well. Really, really good. I'm pretty sure Tim could have eaten three or four of those roti.



Tim looking very dapper, enjoying his samosa.

While we were there, we ran into Dave and Anna from Firehouse Gourmet. They were doing a hot sauce tasting. I tried the mildest one and it was delicious, but still pretty spicy for my taste!! I got Tim to try the hottest one (it was manly) and got this quick video of it. He was still talking about being able to taste it at the Lakers game hours later. The hot sauce is Eadrey's Hot Sauce. 


We had such a great time!! I love living in Peterborough because of events like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment